Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Is Knoppix dead?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Klaus Knopper wrote:
>
> > And, there is always the possibility to create your own Knoppix
> > derivate, with your own collection of software.
> Just to add the quaterly advertising here: The Custom Debian Distribution
> effort is now coordinated in a common mailing list.  This list currently
> contains discussions about new ways of building Knoppix CDs:

Thanks for the link!  Now that Klaus Knopper has shown that it's very
practical to build a Linux LiveCD, I'm very interested in building the
tools to automate building my own custom LiveCD from scratch, particularly
since there are some Debian packages that don't uninstall cleanly.  What I
would like to be able to do is put together a configuration file, run a
script and have an ISO image as a result.  Ideas?

Also, on the 3.4 vs. 3.4 issue, I don't see any benefits _for me_ in the
several months in going to 3.4.  3.3 has been doing a wonderful job, I've
been giving copies of it to most of the folks I works with.

-- Matt
Attitude:  The difference between ordeal and adventure