[debian-knoppix] How to update the hardware database for autodetection?

hi,

I have a bt878 based capture card that required additional options to make it work under debian/knoppix. However , knoppix 3.3 would just simply modprobe the bttv without any options. Result that the system take several minutes to initialize the bttv module but in fact it don't work.

Although I can specific the options through the kernel cmd interface , I would like to update the knoppix's hardware database directly. So that I can contribute my work for next version of knoppix.

Thanks for any advise.