[debian-knoppix] Problems with new KDE 3.2 menu scheme

Hello everyone,

Question: Is anybody here familiar with the KDE 3.2 menu scheme, and
could provide a patch for (Debian's) update-menus in order to create a
reasonable KDE menu structure? It looks like Debian now uses a quite
weird looking XML build process to create "Category=" entries in the
.desktop files, rather than a sorted desktop file structure. Having all
non-KDE-Programs in a "Debian"-Submenu looks terrible to me, and I'm
sure there must be a better way, rather than downgrading to the old
update-menus program.