Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix hangs on boot

Hi Fabian!

Am 16. März 2004 schrieb Fabian Franz:
> Am Dienstag, 16. März 2004 19:56 schrieb Erik Schanze:
> > I tried to boot Knoppix 3.3 2004-02-16 an my Computer with several boot
> > options, but it hangs allways during "Autoconfiguring devices". After a
> > green bar (4 steps long) the spinning dash stops and nothing more happens.
> >
> > Are there any hidden debug options, so I will able to check where the
> > problem is?
>
> You can try to boot with:
> "knoppix nohwsetup"

It works (boots), thanks.

> then you can run (as root) "hwsetup -v" ...

The same behavior, but green bar is 3 steps long, then spinning dash
stops and system freezes.
I have to reset my computer
Are there any option to make "hwsetup" really verbose?

I have booted Knoppix several times before on this computer. Last
time I had an other IDE-Device order:

OnBoard IDE:
/dev/hda - hard disk 40 GB  (UDMA 5)
/dev/hdb - hard disk 20 GB  (UDMA 4)
/dev/hdc - DVD-ROM          (UDMA 2)

PCI-RAID-Controller:
/dev/hde - CDRW             (PIO 4)
/dev/hdg - ATAPI-ZIP100     (PIO 0)

Now I have:
/dev/hda - hard disk 160 GB (UDMA 5)
/dev/hdb - DVD-ROM          (UDMA 2)
/dev/hdc - CDRW             (PIO 4)
/dev/hdd - ATAPI-ZIP100     (PIO 0)

and "hwsetup" hangs.
Could this changes causes this trouble?

Regards,

Erik

--
 Bitte keine HTML-Mails! No HTML mails, please! Maillimit: 1 MB *