Re: [debian-knoppix] PANIC How do I recover

The procedure (following IBM's advice) would be:
1. Boot the CD. At the boot prompt, type boot knoppix-single (or something
like that)--gives you a super-user shell. Doing using "su" did not give me
the permissions I needed to complete the procedure.

2. Now, mount the target partition. Check where /etc/fstab wants it mounted
and do it there.

3. Now, chroot to that mount point.

The prompt will change (and may be less informative) but you can operate on
that partition as if it were a real root partition.

4. cd /etc

5. fix lilo.conf

6 run lilo

7. exit out of the chroot shell. At least for me, reboot did that and did not
reboot.

8. Back in the CD's shell, reboot.