Re: [debian-knoppix] why is port 111 open?

Dear Klaus,

Thanks for the helpful information. I've got Knoppix installed to the
hard disk, and indeed port 111 is open by default. But this might be
because of the installer (knx-hdinstall) - booting the live CD only
results in no ports being open. During the (hard disk) installation,
there were several questions asked about starting services (for example,
smail) - I assume it was the installer that changed the default
settings.

Thank you and best regards,
Robert Storey