Re: [debian-knoppix] read-only-Problem

Hi Manuel,

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 12:43:39 +0100, Manuel Tundo wrote:

> I'm remastering knoppix...
> I wrote some scripts, which are executed on startup per knoppix.sh.
> These scripts need to write in some files like:
> echo "blablabla" >> /etc/apache/httpd.conf"
> I get a errormessage, because its a read-only filesystem. Shall I mount
> /KNOPPIX (where the files points to: /etc/apache/httpd.conf goes to
> /KNOPPIX/etc/apache/httpd.conf at runtime..) read-write at boottime? how
> (mount -o remount,rw /KNOPPIX)????

You can't mount /KNOPPIX read-write, because it is a on read-only
medium. However, /etc/apache/httpd.conf is just a symlink in the ramdisk
which points to /KNOPPIX/etc/apache/httpd.conf. So, if you just replace
the symlink with its target, you are able to modify the file
afterwards:

rm -f /etc/apache/httpd.conf
cp /KNOPPIX/etc/apache/httpd.conf /etc/apache

echo "blablabla" >> /etc/apache/httpd.conf

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                    chris AT linuxinfotag.de
Grunaer Str. 31                                    http://silmor.de/~chris/