[debian-knoppix] read-only-Problem

Hi,

I'm remastering knoppix...
I wrote some scripts, which are executed on startup per knoppix.sh.
These scripts need to write in some files like:
echo "blablabla" >> /etc/apache/httpd.conf"
I get a errormessage, because its a read-only filesystem. Shall I mount /KNOPPIX (where the files points to: /etc/apache/httpd.conf goes to /KNOPPIX/etc/apache/httpd.conf at runtime..) read-write at boottime? how (mount -o remount,rw /KNOPPIX)????
Is there another way to edit configurationfiles by script at boottime?
THX
Manuel