[debian-knoppix] cups printing problem

Hello all,

I just notest it.
There seems to be a problem when trying to add a printer via cups (webbased interfase)or gnome-cups-manager. After installing it on the hd I tried to add a printer via the webbased interfase of cups (localhost:631) but when comming to the drivers page there seem to be listed just a few. Although in kde all seems to be ok. I then tried the same thing of the live cd. and the problem repeats itself. This does not seem to happen  in gnoppix or kanotix. So is this a bug or there a feature missing? Am I doing someting wrong? Is cups not wrong configured?

Nick