Re: [debian-knoppix] OT: Have fun!

Hi Gilles

Le Jeudi 29 Janvier 2004 04:29, Gilles Pelletier a écrit :

> .../... I just wanted to say I'm
> still looking for films that can be played with open source software. Until
> now, I found one with your links: a mov file. And even this brings all kind
> of questions. Is mov an open format ? Can Xvid and DivX produce mov files?
> Etc.
You should try Knoppix live CD. Its really nice, it works out of the box,
without any configuration to do. You can do everything you want, even
watch DVD's or listen your favorites CDs and its provided with all the needed
documentation...
RTFM   http://tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/categories.html
.../...

> So, I would like everybody to understand, I'm doing my best with the time at
> hand. Taking a month or two trying to figure out all the formats and the
> licenses is just not an option for me.
ohhh poor gilles :(

> I need a clear picture of the situation of open source and multimedia, a
> picture I can submit to somebody who understands nothing about the
> situation... and would rather not hear about it. And I need it fast.

1/ Use only GPL soft, you ll have only one license to read

2/ unsubscribe from this list, which is not concerned with your so-called pbs
 Here it is a Knoppix list, not dumb-troller-list, nor a video list.

3/ go to the nearest Linux User Group. I m sure they will treat you with
appropriate manner and give you what you need

.../....

> Once again, any help is welcomed.

Sorry for being so short in my answers, but as you need it fast, i dont want
to take too much of your precious time.
I did my best to help you.

Regards
Alain