Fwd: Re: [debian-knoppix] Changing to Ext3

Oops, did not send to the list... forward this :P

------- Forwarded message -------
From: Masaharu Goto <magotou@fubyshare.gr.jp>
To: David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il>
Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] Changing to Ext3
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:43:07 +0900

Hi,

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:00:58 +0100, David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

Cramfs is apparently supported I made an initrd using instructions from
the Debian reference. Panic.

Why do you use cramfs? Currently debian reference does NOT recommend CRAMFS to build your initrd image.
See comments by Herbert Xu here:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-kernel.en.html

Prepare "mkext2fs" script and specify it in your mkinitrd.conf. For more details about mkext2fs, see..
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermail/debian-knoppix/2003-May/002804.html

# BTW: I' dont use mkinitrd for my custom kernel.
# Copy stock initrd.gz , unzip/loop mount initrd.gz, replace modules for new kernel,
# modify linuxrc or something you want.... sync, unmount and zip again.
# This is handy enough for experiment :)

FAT bugus sector size 0.
I saw this mesages when I made mistake at lilo.conf.
Please check "boot=" or "root=" if there are correct drive/patition specified...

Regards,

--
Masaharu 'Max' Gotou w/M2