[debian-knoppix] Re:/etc/sysconfig/i18n overwritten?

I had this happen by accidently runinng some knoppix configuration script. It
does not happen on my boot so maybe look for something with such a combo of
names, knoppix, config, conf, etc. I forgot which one it was.

Also, whenever I log in, a knoppix configuration runs. The little wrench
symbol on the KDE toolbar may be what this is using. There is a region and
accessability item with country region and language. Makes sure the intended
language is there and is highlighted. I only have English there.