Re: [debian-knoppix] That ALSA mess!

David Baron:
> I had run a configuration utility that added some local mirrors--otherwize
> I have not edited sources.list. I probably need to hand edit to get rid of
> the unfound locations but I need to manually do something to unblock the
whole
> apt-get.

I asked about editing, because I'd like to know you have decided for a
debian-branch (stable/testing/unstable).
I prefer to choose testing, comment out every line in /etc/apt/sources.list
different from testing and update.
When do:
$ apt-get update
$ apt-get dist-upgrade
(perhaps several times)
Then you have a Debian sarge, except unstable-packages in KNOPPIX
and everything you install after comes from testing.

> Any apt-get involving more than trivial dependecies is blocked at
> present. How do I "specify a solution"?
> update and -f install with no name have both been tried, updated
> regularly.

What means "updated regularly"?
What actually happens in detail after these commands:
$ apt-get --purge remove knx-alsa

$ apt-get -f

$ apt-get update

$ dpkg --configure -a

[TOFU wasted]
Your TOFU will not relieve the distress in the world.
Please read http://learn.to/quote.
Thanks.

Bye,
Erik