Re: [debian-knoppix] Mwave,tp 770x

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 11:29:24PM -0800, Ralph Bacolod wrote:
> Hi! I have a thinkpad 770x with a knoppix 3.3 11-14-2003 installed. I want
> to use the mwave modem. I already loaded the mwave module. I fired up
> wvdialconf both as root and as user knoppix but it cant access the device. I
> searched the net and I saw that there is a daemon that controls the device.
> Is this needed to use the modem? This is not installed with knoppix,why is
> this so?
> TIA.
>
> rafiks

Yes, the daemon is required.  If Knoppix running from a hard drive and
another network connection is present, "apt-get install mwavem" should
take care of that.

Its possible that the reason for the omission from the CD is that it is
difficult to justify 2.5MB (uncompressed) to support one obscure
software modem.  More likely, it has probably never been considered.