Re: [debian-knoppix] Installer questions/request

I have used knx-hdinstall and reiser fs - it has always worked great on any IDE drive with more than 2.2Gig.

Thanks for writing it!

I will say on this SuSE8.2 system (hda) and a CD based load of KNOPPIX on a hd (hdb). Mounting it with SuSE 8,\.2 seems to not correctly handle mounting/unmounting a knoppix reiser fs. SuSE's fsck.reiserfs even destroys the knoppix fs.

Christian Perle and others wrote:

Knoppix is great!
The current installer is not...

Bullshit. ReiserFS is supported since knx-hdinstall 0.35 (which was
relesed in december 2002).

if the disk is partitioned and ReiserFS is installed prior to the Knoppix installer/partitioning, but there is no ReiserFS file system option in the Knoppix install script as late as the 5/20 version of Knoppix.

I didn't remove support for ReiserFS. Has Klaus changed this?
I don't have the time to check each and every release of Knoppix.
Knoppix 3.2 2003-05-03 definitely _has_ ReiserFS support in the
installer.

bye,
  Chris

--
73 de Donn Washburn     __ " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB     / /     __  __  __  __  __ __  __