[debian-knoppix] LinuxTag 2003 DVD prerelease images available

...for those who have a DVD burner and really want to do some SERIOUS
betatesting. ;-)

The images (german and english, though the pressed DVD will default to
german) will be downloadable on ftp.uni-kl at a password-protected
directory for limited access. I have agreed with the ftp admins on this,
since the machine is already heavily overloaded with the downloads of
the standard CD edition of Knoppix.

So, if you have a DVD burner, and are not afraid to download a
(currently) 1.5GB image, please send a mail containing
"KNOPPIX LT03 DVD BETATEST" to me directly, and I will reply with the
download location and password as soon as possible.

been included. The current list of packages is available at
http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix/packages-dvd.txt

Still a lot of work to do.

The bootscreen/HTML-help graphics and and embedded version numbers are
mostly unchanged yet, please do not report this as a bug. ;-)

Most important is to check if all installed packages work correctly,
or changes are required in the writable areas/configuration files.

Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2003 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org