Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

On Mon 09 Jun, Klaus Knopper bloviated thus:

I have never heared of this before, but it seems to be OK, both the license and the package. Ok, installed.

I thought DjVu was patented AT&T technology.

When was the last time you checked? Do it here:

  http://djvu.sourceforge.net/

Is actually anybody using this?

If I can get confirmation that it is truly free,

Go to

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/djvu/

and follow the link behind

   License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

and see if this convinces you....    ;-)

I will start usin
it.  It is, in fact, incredibly good!  The way it works is clever, it
splits things into "layers" that are more compressible when seperated
from other layers.  This means it works brilliantly on things like
text and line drawings, but it still works pretty well on photos.  A
page which contains both really shines.

Amen.