Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

On Mon 09 Jun, Klaus Knopper bloviated thus:

> I have never heared of this before, but it seems to be OK, both the
> license and the package. Ok, installed.

I thought DjVu was patented AT&T technology.

> Is actually anybody using this?

If I can get confirmation that it is truly free, I will start using
it.  It is, in fact, incredibly good!  The way it works is clever, it
splits things into "layers" that are more compressible when seperated
from other layers.  This means it works brilliantly on things like
text and line drawings, but it still works pretty well on photos.  A
page which contains both really shines.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics
with bloodshed.

- Mao Tse-tung