Re: [debian-knoppix] beating ghost

Timothy Webster schrieb:

> My disk stats,
>
> These are all 66 or 100 drives. Is this all the speed
> you can get out of ide drives. What can I do if
> anything to speed these drives up?

The figures below look good.

Today, most drives have transfer rates far below the theoretical
maximum. The advantage of this high speed Interfaces is, that you get
more speed if you use two drives on one interface i.e. they can use the
interface together to get almost the maxmimun transfer rates.

So if you want more speed, use LVM and/or RAID.

regards,

yasar