Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Knoppix HD Installation (trying it again)

Hi Didi,

> And are you sure, that this a good strategy??

if you want, that Linux stays a OS for technical experienced people, then
you're right. In my opinion Linux can be a OS for both groups, experts and
normal users. The one group is using shells, the other group uses the GUI.

I am coming from the Unix-Administrator world, which is naturally very
command line based ;-), but my goal is to bring a Unix like OS (the best
solution therefore is Linux) to everybody who's currently using Windows.
I've already installed Linux for a lot of not experienced people and some of
them are using it now more than Windows. We're also evaluating the
possibility of using Linux as primary OS in our company. If the users (e. g.
Marketing experts *lol*) would be stuck to the command line, this wouldn't
work. ;-)

Markus