Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Knoppix HD Installation (trying it again)

zero08@gmx.net writes:

> I know this is not really what you want, since Knoppix is not meant as a
> standard debian installer, but I guess people would love it :)

That would be KILLER.  Especially for the still many Windows 9x boxen
out there, whose partitions could be resized by parted.

Boot up Knoppix with the hdinstall option, a requester asks you:

    Only one hard disk found with a Windows partition.  Do you want me
    to make room for Knoppix?

                 Yes                          No

You select Yes, and:

    You have 2.5 Gigabytes of space free on your Windows partition.
    Knoppix needs at least 2 Gigabytes, and you'll want some more
    space for your data.  Do you want to proceed, or would you prefer
    to reboot in Windows and make some free space in your existing
    partition?

               Reboot                       Proceed

You select Proceed, and:

    Now I will partition your hard disk.  Make sure you've done a
    backup!  I can use from 0 to 500 Megabytes for your data, and the
    rest will be for the operating system.  Please tell me how much
    should I reserve for your data:

And so on...

Yes, I know, I'm describing work which won't be done by myself.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not telling anybody what to do with
their own time, I'm just daydreaming.