Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Knoppix HD Installation (trying it again)

Hi Zero,

I totally agree with you. An extra hd-installation boot-option would be very
nice and would be interesting for a lot of people.

In my opinion, Knoppix is the Linux distribution of the future. It's small,
smart has evertyhing you need and runs on nearly any hardware. Together with
an hd-installation kit, it would be ideal for people that want to have a
Linux distribution beside their Windows installation on the same harddisk.
These people definitely don't want to spend 2 hours or more for a fresh
Linux installation. Well, they even didn't spend that time for their Windows
installation since it has been shipped with their preinstalled ALDI PCs
(popular german discounter PC). :-)

You said, that Klaus don't wants to replace the standard debian installer.
Well... the debian-installer is only for advanced Linux users, nothing for
beginners. Also, after a Debian installation you don't have Knoppix and
you're still far far away from a comfortable Linux system.

Markus

> Hey folks,
> I've made this suggestion in the past already, and I also tried using
Klaus'