Re: [debian-knoppix] keyboard/mouse combination

> Does USB wireless keyboard/mouse combination work with Knoppix Debian
> install?  What do you call the keyboard in XFConfig in order to make it
> happen?

Please find the relevant parts of my XF86config-4 below (I worked quite some
time on XF86config before I saw there is something where changes have even
more effect) (I works for me with a Logitech Cordless Keyboard. For
configuration I use lineak)

The configuration file was altered by me because I have a receiver for the
cordless keyboard and mouse that ends with a USB plug on which I put a PS/2
converter to use a switch that can switch monitor, mouse and keyboard between
two computers.

--------------------- Snip ------------------------

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "PS/2 Mouse" "CorePointer"
# Serial Mouse not detected
        InputDevice    "USB Mouse" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
	Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"  "true"

EndSection

--------------------- Snip ------------------------

--------------------- Snip ------------------------

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "CoreKeyboard"
	Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option "XkbModel" "pc104"
	Option "XkbLayout" "de"
	Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Serial Mouse"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Protocol" "Microsoft"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
	Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
	Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
	Option	    "SendCoreEvents"  "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "PS/2 Mouse"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
#	Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
	Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
#	Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
#	Option      "Emulate3Timeout" "70"
	Option	    "SendCoreEvents"  "true"
#
        Option          "Buttons"               "5"

EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USB Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"true"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Buttons"               "5"
EndSection

# Auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxf86config

I hope this helps you.

Stefan Wolber