Re: [debian-knoppix] Nice things to add to knoppix :)

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 09:17:05AM +0200, ROSSEL Olivier wrote:
> > My short list of nice things to add to knoppix.
> >
> > 1) auto detect console mouse:
> > /etc/gpm.conf
> > device=/dev/psaux
> > repeat_type=raw
> > type=imps2
> >
> > /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
> > Option      "Device"         "/dev/gpmdata"

With this, about 40% of all mice in use will immediately stop working.

> > 2) auto detect for smartmontools

???

> > 3) change /etc/xpdf/xpdfrc to use cups
> > psFile         "|lp"

lpr works fine with cups.

> > I am sure this need to be done in many more places,
> > like mozilla ...etc...

Every program on Knoppix uses cups, because the cupsys-client-bsd tools
are installed.

> > 4) /etc/profile
> > alias df="df -Th"
> > set -o vi

Can I send all user complaints to you? Especially, the cursor key
problems will be a killer.

> > 5) a firewall package, I have not decided which
> > firewall package I like if any :(

iptables.

-Klaus