RE: [debian-knoppix] Nice things to add to knoppix :)

Title: RE: [debian-knoppix] Nice things to add to knoppix :)

> My short list of nice things to add to knoppix.
>
> 1) auto detect console mouse:
> /etc/gpm.conf
> device=/dev/psaux
> repeat_type=raw
> type=imps2
>
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
> Option      "Device"         "/dev/gpmdata"
>
> 2) auto detect for smartmontools
>
> 3) change /etc/xpdf/xpdfrc to use cups
> psFile         "|lp"
> I am sure this need to be done in many more places,
> like mozilla ...etc...
>
> 4) /etc/profile
> alias df="df -Th"
> set -o vi
>
> 5) a firewall package, I have not decided which
> firewall package I like if any :(
>
> 6) BackupPC, but this is not a debian package yet :(
>

> -thoughts??

May be add in /etc/inputrc:
"C-v PgUp": history-search-backward
"C-v PgDn": history-search-forward

where C-v PgUp is the way in Vim to enter the code of the
key PgUp.

The history-search fonction allows to find lines in history
that begins with the characters you already typed
on the command line. By default, PgUp and PgDn are not mapped by bash,
so this enhancement won't bother anyone.