Re: [debian-knoppix] Bug in knx-hdinstall and alsa? (or Bug in my brain....)

Hi Dieter,

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 23:03:37 +0200, Dieter Wirz wrote:

> I booted Knoopix from CD on an Athlon 1500 with via Soundcard with the
> bootoption
> alsa
> :-))

So you have one of those f*cking VIA soundcards which only work with ALSA.

> After performing knx-hdinstall everything runs ok, but there is no sound.
> :-((

Knx-hdinstall doesn't know anything about the new ALSA option in Knoppix
yet. So the path "/lib/modules/extra/alsa" is missing in /etc/modules.conf.

I suggest running /etc/init.d/alsa-config (or what is it called? I
can't check right now) once on the installed system.

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de