Re: [debian-knoppix] XFCE4 in Knoppix?

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 03:13:13PM +0200, Christian Perle wrote:
> Please don't. XFCE3 _is_ lightweight. XFCE4 is not.
> XFCE4 is a rather bloated desktop, heading towards GNOME/KDE. It is
> based on gtk+ 2 which has unnecessary features like font anti-aliasing
> and such. Of course, it still has a smaller memory footprint than
> GNOME/KDE, but IMHO it goes in the wrong direction.

I personally don't care for anti-aliasing and such, but I
just like the look and feel of XFCE4 better than XFCE.
Also, a lot of apps move from GTK 1 to GTK 2 which gives the
chance to remove libgtk1 sooner or later.  Anyway, there are
still worlds between sth. like GNOME or KDE and XFCE4 in
terms of "light-weightiness".

Cheers!