[debian-knoppix] Root password after remastering?

Hi all,
I´m trying to remaster Knoppix, the "problem" is that when burning the CD (or making the ISO image) i would like to "lock" the root password as in the original one (if something like that was what Klaus did) if that´s possible. Or should I set a long and dificult to hack password?, and talking about that, how long could be the string for the password, wich one is the characters count limit?
Thanks.

Pablo Z.