Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix and blind people

hi mikko,

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 06:15:04PM +0300, Mikko Liukko wrote:
> Hello list
>
> I'm working on a project to build a knoppix based cd for blind people.

sounds like a wonderful project.  it's exactly the motivation behind
our efforts!

> At what stage are you at the moment wth bootstrapping knoppix?

things got kind of stalled in the past month.  i'm busy trying to
make sure i can graduate, but am already finding myself with more free
time.  there are some other folks working on this too:  the hispalinux
metadistros project, and the morphix project are the first two that
come to mind.  if you have the patience to wait, i suggest checking
back in 2 or 3 weeks, i hope to have a working bootstrap and cd-burning
prototype by that point.  if disk space is more readily available than
patience, another member of this list has created a "customize knoppix"
script that you can already use to remaster a downloaded knoppix iso
image, and from everything i've heard it works quite well.

hth
	sean