Re: [debian-knoppix] Open accounting and Open source

On April 28, 2003 06:30 pm, Bjoern Buerger wrote:

> http://www.whois.core.info/cgi-bin/corewhois.cgi?sld=knoppix.org

Ok, I was wrong. My little knowledge of registering led me to think
that all information would be at the same place and that this corenic
was some kind of fake address.

Scrapping all the fields save the address where you can get the info
would certainly make things clearer.

> Btw: This is not nice, but standard procedure these days.

You're telling me! While I receive an average of 10 visits a day on my
homepage, some asshole thought it was a great idea squatting
"massecritique.com".

> > So now, com, org and net are not yours. And you don't mind?
>
> You forgot .info, .biz, .whatever ;-)

No.  It's just that net com org are better established if I may say.
And, of course, even open source browsers default to .com when a
company name is entered in the browser. Maybe they could default to
.org , just for a change.

BTW, knoppix.xom does a better job now. I checked yesterday and today,
and no more garbage url.

GP
--
La Masse critique