Re: [debian-knoppix] Performance issues on SMP vs UP (was Re: non-SMP kernel)

Hi,

Thanks for providing useful infos, Robert.
Now I'm compiling another new kernel...:-)

> Important: knoppix-kernel.patch _after_ make (menu)config

Is it really ? I've applied knoppix-kernel.patch only once.
Then configure several times but setup.c is still patched status.

> I tried. I did not replace anything on the CD (did not have time to
> remaster the whole CD, only the bootfloppy).

I'm trying this for hdd-installed knoppix. Replacing initrd stuffs, modules
and kernel itself. If I succeed and got better results on performance,
remaster with new one.

> I tried. I did not replace anything on the CD (did not have time to
> remaster the whole CD, only the bootfloppy).

Ok, I'll report the result later,

Thanks again and best regards,
Max

--
Masaharu "Max" Goto
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 4D69 6B1D 484D 999C EDA7  2853 32AF 0C86 9323 3DDB