[debian-knoppix] re-mastering knoppix (a.k.a. help in creating main KNOPPIX file)

exactly... well, I'm not sure if I typed it wrong but I followed the howto on
knoppix.net and I beleive I typed "mkisofs -R /mnt/hda2/knxsource/KNOPPIX"
BUT after writting a few emails and such and re-reading the several guides
over and over I beleive that the full command "mkisofs -R
/mnt/hda2/knxsource/KNOPPIX | create_compressed_fs - 65536 >
/mnt/hda2/KNOPPIX" might be the way to go, but I would like to know for sure
before going ahead cause I'm getting a little fustrated.
I'm not completely sure, the memory deal might be true most guides say you
need at least 128MB RAM, 1-2GB SWAP, 3-5GB for re-mastering. My setup is
256MB RAM, I beleive 1GB SWAP (I think the system cut it off), 10GB for
remastering. But if I get enough information to try again, I just might try
out your suggestion simon, thanks! it wouldn't hurt

P.S. jan I appreciate the post and I do feel a little more welcome on this
list than some others. Sometimes I feel like SOME experienced linux users put
down newbies and I have not always had the greatest experience getting
answers.

I have noticed Klaus posting on this list and on the chance that he quickly
scans the postings or such, this isn't worth directly emailing him but I
would like to say with alot of kissing ass, GREAT FREAKIN' JOB can't wait for
the next version and the next and the......