Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix DVD-Version

Am Dienstag, 25. Februar 2003 20:47 schrieb Klaus Knopper:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 05:15:03PM +0100, jan.niggemann@bechtle.com wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > has anyone yet created a DVD version of Knoppix?
>
> Not me, yet.
>
> > Or are there any potential problems that would not allow to do so?
>
> Yes. You will have to replace kmalloc() by vmalloc() in
> compressed_loop.c in order to store the required amount of block
> pointers. Not sure if this is stable when swapping.
Alternativly, what about not compressing the image? I mean DVDs are really big
compared to CDs?

It probably should only be a stopgap measure, because compressing probably
makes it go faster, and DVDs aren't unlimited in size too, but still this
could work, right?

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka