Re: [debian-knoppix] What version of Debian is Knoppix base on?

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 06:47:15PM -0500, stan wrote:
> I'm considering installing Knoppix, with the intent of mergeing back inot
> mainstream Debian.
>
> What version (testing, stable, unstable) is Knoppix based on?

The most useful from stable and testing, the most stable ones from unstable.

Unfortunately, if you want to install only ONE branch, you can chose
betwen a software museum or a highly experimental system. Testing
is a little in between. You have to make individual choices to get the
maximum of stability and actuality. Fortunately, the package database
system of Debian is very good in detecting dependencies and telling you
what combination will work, and which won't.

Regards
-Klaus