Re: [debian-knoppix] Notepad programs

Apologies, more explanation follows:

These programs aren't just text editors - like Joe or Kate - but also organise notes, using a heirarchical tree. Consequently, it is very easy to store and find information, and move from entry to entry. The basic design is flexible and light, not having, for example, calendars, address books or programming tools - the user decides how to organize her/his information.

When I say I find this sort of app essential I mean it - on Windows & OS X, this sort of app is my most used program, on Knoppix I access Keynote through WINE. I have thousands of scraps of information - book titles, urls, ideas, etc - sifted and stored, Very useful, very productive. Hence my search for something linux-native.

I posted the URLs here mainly because of the previous email about Keynote. I will certainly be testing them out - because it is the sort of thing I need for myself. If there is a formal way of submitting a program for Klaus' consideration, I'll happily write up a report.

Obviously, Knoppix has to fit on a single cd, & it is impossible to be all things to all people. However, there does seem to be an absence of a particular type of application here, and one that is quite popular.

John