[debian-knoppix] Booting older Hardware with TERMINAL-Server

Hi!

>From the documentation of the terminalserver I got the impression, that it will only run with PXE Motherboards. But it runs with older Hardware, like Pentium 133 MHz with 128 MB RAM ,if you use a floppy instead of a bootprom on netcard. You can run KNOPPIX on Hardware without CD und without PXE!

Here is how I made this floppy for a NE2000 Netcard (on SuSE 8.0, professional):
# Install Paket etherboot first
cd /usr/lib/etherboot
fdformat /dev/fd0u1440
# old: cat floppyload.bin.pre compressed/ne.lzrom   >  /dev/fd0u1440
cat boot1a.bin compressed/ne.lzrom   >  ne2000.boot.dd
dd if=ne2000.boot.dd of=/dev/fd0

I have not found etherboot on debian, just that it is a package currently worked on, but here is the url for etherboot:

http://etherboot.sourceforge.net/distribution.html

[ But beware, Openoffice takes more than 10 Minutes to start with 133MHz;-)), but it works, if you are not typing too fast! ]

Have fun,

Achim