Re: [debian-knoppix] REQ for Help

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 02:09:57PM +0100, Andreas Mueller wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had begun to produce special versions of the Knoppix. I had these
> special versions divided in :
>
> * Children Version
> * Office Version
> * Developer Version
> * Admin Version
> * Multimedia Version
> * Med Version
> * KDE only
> * GNOME only
>
> Based on a woody with backported KDE packages from Kralf.
> I surprised that ktown hold a images, Kralf told me thats
> not possible on ktown. Maybe i can upload my images to ktown ?

Who is Kralf?

> Same problems with the gnomeonly version, Christian Meyer
> from Gnome isnt able to find a sponsored developer-buildhost
> Maybe i`m wrong, it sounds for me funny if we create some special
> images, neigher KDE or GNOME are able to host their isos, maybe
> it makes more sense to count how much grass is in my garden.
>
> Unfortunately there was in past nobody, who want host these images.
> My server in Turkey isnt good connected to the "other world" :(

There may be a possibility to host your "special editions" in KL,
I will have to ask the FTP-Admins about this. I would put the new images
outside the /pub/linux/knoppix directory, though, to avoid surprises
with the mirrors who catch everything from ftp.uni-kl.de, and inform all
mirror admins that there is another knoppix directory which could be
mirrored, for everyone who is interested. Currently, there is a
"contrib" subdirectory which holds a mini CD version and some other
stuff, this could be put into knoppix-contrib on a higher level
directory as well.

Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2003 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org