Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix Persistent_home. What's the use?

Michael Grenier wrote:
So why isn't Knoppix Persistent Home the default in Knoppix? It seems like it doesn't hurt to have it enabled if there is no .knoppix file in a partition and its sure much easier for the average person using Knoppix to learn UNIX while needing to maintain a Windoze box for whatever reason.

I don't know... but I would like to see if another alternative is possible.

What if KPH was not using 'knoppix.sh' but 'persitent.sh' and what if this 'persitent.sh' was put on the ISO (EN/DE).

And what if there was yet another option in Knoppix boot line to specify the name of the "knoppix.sh" script to use at boot.

With all that put together, you could choose at boot time to go for KPH or not. And all the "tools of the trade" will be on the CD already (no download, no modification of the Knoppix ISO, no need for a boot floppy.

Is it any way a good idea(TM) or not?

David GLAUDE