Re: [debian-knoppix] Please, add lithuanian language to knoppix

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 07:23, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 07:12:40AM +1300, Eaden McKee wrote:
> > On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 06:58, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> > > About your other questions:
> > > - There is no Knoppix bugzilla until someone volunteers to create and
> > >   actively maintain one.
> >
> > I volunteer.. I have already made one, but I am just waiting till I have
> > a bit more time before I can launch it. I plan to get as many bugs and
> > feature requests from the forums and mailing lists, and put them in to
> > start off with so we have something to work from.
>
> Very cool, thanks a lot!
> Please let me know as soon as there is a link available.
>
> One problem: How do we handle languages? If german/french/nl etc.
> users want to report bugs, are they allowed to report them in their native
> language, or do we insist on everything being in english?

I'm not sure how languages are supported in bugzilla, although on
bugs.redhat.com|bugs.kde.org I have never seen a language option, so I would
say that it would have to be in english.

> Is there a way to moderate the bug reports before they are sent out to
> the package maintainers, to filter out "bugs" like "I don't know how to
> burn a CD in Windows, please advise" before people on the board get
> swamped in beginner and support questions? Could you do this?

Yes. Basicly someone reports a bug, and some monkey ( me ) decides if it's a
bug (or valid feature request) or not. It is then assigned to someone, say
you, or others for different parts such as knx_hdinstall or
knoppix_persistant_home. - BTW - please include this, it's great!
or someone could be kind and take on the bug and submit a patch. etc.

> Who will check in the solutions, or is this automatic?

When they report the bug, it lists similar bugs, so there should be no
duplicates, and duplicates can always be found manually. Basicly it should
work like bugs.kde.org.

Best Regards
Eaden McKee