[debian-knoppix] A few questions before remastering...

Hi,

I'm about to do a Knoppix remasteriztion to a new live CD.
Essentially, i want to be able to insert the CD and the USB stick in any
computer and work on Apache/MySQL/PHP development.

A few questions comes to my mind.

1. Prior to remastering should i make a persistent home in the USB stick
or is it better to do it after the new CD is burned ?

2. What about X configuration ? I don't want to save it anywhere, so i
can use it in any PC.

3. What about MySQL tables ? The CD will be write only . How to make the
tables writeable ? Should i symlink it to the USB stick in the
remasterization process ? If so, how does it combine with point 1 ?

4. And what about symbolic links ? Will they be recorded in the final CD
?

5. How to test the remasterized ISO without having to boot from a floppy
disc ?

6. Is there a way to bypass *only* the X configurations saved on a /home
USB stick ?
7. Since i use 2 diferent ISPs, resolv.conf are different and it needs
to be writeable. Does a symbolic link from /etc to /home/knoppix do the
job ?

8. What about creating symbolyc links for /var and /tmp to a USB stick ?
Will it work ?

Warm regards,
Mário Gamito