[debian-knoppix] screen flickering problem - 1024x768 resolution on a portable computer

I just tested knoppix v3.3 en on a portable computer(acer aspire 1310) and have this strange problem:

When KDE loads in 1024x768(which is the resolution my portable supports), regions in the screen with
specific colors flicker.

For instance:

I start Konqueror who's default background color is white and resize it so that I'm able to see both the Konqueror and my desktop which is in light blue gradient. While the wallpaper on one side of the screen flickers, Konqueror's white window is as stable as it can get.

Anybody have any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanx in advance