Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:07:53 -0800
From: "R. Dale Thomas" <rdt@rdt1.org>
To: Klaus Knopper <knopper@knopper.net>
Cc: debian-knoppix@linuxtag.org
Subject: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix Distribution

	I am an 'old-time' Linux user.  I first started using it over a
year before there was a 1.0 kernel version.  I have used many Linux
distributions from yggdrassil, slackware, Jurix, SuSE, Redhat to
Mandrake including many others along the way.  I have been using various
versions of Knoppix during the last 6 months and I must say that for a
distro that is not produced by a large corporation, this is definitly
one of the best efforts that I have ever seen.  This is reflected in the
http://distrowatch.com/ distribution rank which has shown Knoppix
climbing to position 3 only beaten out by Redhat & Mandrake which have
both begun to slide.  If they don't watch, either or both may soon be
beaten out by Knoppix in popularity.
	We must all thank Klaus Knopper for his efforts for producing
such an effort.  To Klaus and all those who work on Knoppix, I say a
hearty 'Thank you for your work and for a job well done'.

Dale