Re: [debian-knoppix] please include WLAN drivers for D-Link520

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 07:30:47PM +0100, Holger Zebner wrote:
> Hallo.
>
> > Yes. Bad chipset. Please ask the hardware vendor if he offers support
> > for Linux. I doubt it, though.
> Yes, the screen freezes everytime you start the adapter. On a hdd-installed
> Knoppix and even with Win98/WinXP.

Sad. You should probably return the adapter and ask for one that is
CERTIFIED FOR LINUX.

> > Sorry, this driver does not even compile with the current kernel.
> Is there a list of adapters that are currently supported by knoppix/linux?

The ones in the normal Linux Kernel, plus some ATMEL adapters.

Most orinoce and prism2-based adapters seem to work fine. Unfortunately,
nowadays vendors are producing more and more cheap adapters with exotic
chipsets that are incompatible with all standards. I hope it
gets better as soon as people STOP BUYING this crap.