[debian-knoppix] Segmentation violations at 0x804e241

I keep getting this error on a remaster:
segmentation violation at 0*804e241! sleeping for 30seconds
It just started happening, the remaster has been working fine for the last few months. There was no real change in my latest version and the last one that worked; I only edited a text file.

Anyone know what to do about this? I can boot into 'knoppix single' fine, but trying to 'init 2/5' fails, and that error shows up.

Also, it looks as if the Knoppix init binary file is non-standard. Does anyone know where the source for the modified init is located? It *should* be included with the Knoppix CD.

 Thanks,

 - Ambrose