Re: [debian-knoppix] Package cloop-utils in very inconsistent state

#include <hallo.h>
* Rev Simon Rumble [Mon, Sep 29 2003, 05:18:48PM]:

> Here's what's happening when I try to install anything new:
> (Reading database ... 111501 files and directories currently
> installed.)
> Preparing to replace cloop-utils 0.68-4 (using
> .../cloop-utils_1.02-4_i386.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement cloop-utils ...
> depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep is not an ELF file

Find the package that installed this garbabe directory and file a
critical bug report against it. "/lib/modules/extra" looks like
something copied from /lib/modules/$version, but definitely does not
belong there.

>  /var/cache/apt/archives/cloop-utils_1.02-4_i386.deb
>
> And when I try to remove it:
> sudo dpkg -r cloop-utils
> dpkg: error processing cloop-utils (--remove):
>  Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
>  reinstall it before attempting a removal.
>  cloop-utils

Of course, you did not completely install it.

> Directly install the latest package version:
> sudo dpkg -i cloop-utils_1.02-4_i386.deb
> Selecting previously deselected package cloop-utils.
> (Reading database ... 111501 files and directories currently
> installed.)
> Preparing to replace cloop-utils 0.68-4 (using
> cloop-utils_1.02-4_i386.deb) ...
> Unpacking replacement cloop-utils ...
> depmod: /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep is not an ELF file
> depmod: cannot read ELF header from

Same problem. Remove this crap and run "depmod -a" to be sure that it
works.

MfG,
Eduard.
--
Wußten Sie schon...
... daß Teigwaren Teigwaren heißen, weil Teigwaren vorher Teig waren?