Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix-installer

Hallo Tomasz,

> It there a possibility to install knoppix in compressed form.
> I gotta v. old machine at boarding house and it has extremally slow CDrom
> So I thought that putting KNOPPIX on disk (unfortunatelly, disk is 860MB

Yes, you can copy the CD to a partition on the HD and make a
Linux or DOS bootpartition, or, boot from a floppy made with

 dd if=/KNOPPIX/boot.img of=/dev/fd0

It needs just 720 MB, just what "df" shows for /cdrom. The rest you can use as knoppix homedir;-)

greetings

Achim

eMail    :     Achim.Unger@web.de
Homepage : www.Ing-Buero-Unger.de