[debian-knoppix] Re: Kernel panic

nikolaus klepp schrieb:
hi!

Hm, may I see the context of your error message?
This is the context for my (not exactly my, but that does not matter
...) computer:

hda: [description]
hdd: [description]
hda: hda1 [there's only one partition]
ataraid/d0:<1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at
virtual adress 0000000
[equal to your error message]

it crashes much earlier. all I see is tux, and then comes the kernel panic. code line says:
code: 80 38 00 74 13 38 10 75 07 86 40 04 c3 8d 76 00 83 c0 08 80

Exactly that happened with my computer when booting "knoppix".
"knoppix" suppresses some boot messages.
What happens when booting "expert"?

on my computer I've winXP (proof of concept: does that viros work here, too?), but I use SuSE 8.2 + Knoppix 3.1 + Knoppix 3.2 prior 2003-06 without any problems.

The one who has reported that problem at Debian-User-German telled that it works fine with a 2.2.x Kernel.
I'm waiting for an answer which Kernel he exactly got the Kernel panic with.

Sören