[debian-knoppix] Newbie ideas

Hello everybody, I'm a newbie here, but I've got some ideas which others may find useful at knoppix.

First of them is to change the behavior of disk buffer in knoppix kernel.
I donna where it is, but I suppose it is somewhere in the source.
Problem is that if you have extremally slow CD ROM drive, and disk too small to fit whole distro, the things gets really slow down. If you have lots of memory - no prob, most useful files are precached and stored there, avoiding using slow media. But if you dont, files are not cached on swap. It is generally good idea - on normal disk distribution - swap is as fast as the file source. But knoppix may find it useful to store frequent files if buffer even in swap. I donna know how to do that, that's why I'm writing.

Second is very simple and trivial. As everyone knows, knoppix can create automatically swap files on dos partitions. But it may be nice if it can make use of /windows/win386.swp and probably /pagefile.sys (use with caution and by option - may crash hibernation status) - sometimes there is no place for new knoppix.swp, but using old one may help - windows will create new one on start. Of course, it's more than easy to make it by hand. But if you dont have space for swap, you have to run knoppix 2, than delete win386.swp, than create other file and use it - deletion of win386 may be automated, so knoppix will boot with GFX mode at once without need to use commands to do it by hand.

Wow, quite complicated - sorry I'm just learning english.

Thanks for (future:)) help

Tomek