Re: [debian-knoppix] So, Mr Knopper, are you or aren't you anti-Microsoft? (Was: Software patent?)

hi !

This might be a silly question, but where's the problem in making knoppix
installable? I've built an installation system on my own for a kind of
internet kiosk. That system is somewhat special, I use loop-aes instead of
cloop to build an encrypted root filesystem  (I have some special customers
:-/ ).

Anyway, I install a system from USB-memorystick in ~ 5 minutes - plug it in,
power on, wait, power off, unplug it, ready. no user interaction. (ok, I
don't care what's on the hd, but it's fresh from factory). If somebody is
interested, I could post the script. If you add some kind of user interaction
- mainly select/create a partition - you're almost done.

By the way, I've seen in linuxrc on miniroot.gz, that the user could add
modules using a module disk. Has anybody ever seen such a thing?

nik

--

Mag. Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
IT Consulting, EDV Service & Programmierung