Re: [debian-knoppix] system hangs after logout

Christian Perle wrote:
On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 22:00:50 +0200, Tino Boss wrote:
I just installed Knoppix to the HD. I didn't try many things yet,
but some things seem to work (and some don't, of course).  Just one
thing is quite odd: whenever I log out there is some HD-activity, the
knoppix-logoff-sound is played and then the screen goes blank and the
computer doesn't do anything (the control-lamp on the screen blinks,

I experienced problems with DRI when terminating a kdm- or xdm-session
(kernel lockup during X server reset).

I also faced random lockups while using i810 module for X. I sloved it by using server=XFree86 module=fbdev

HTH

raj